Tuesday 27 November 2007

Hatton and other Podium Tales

This term I have worked with two schools on Podcasting. I have worked with a Year 5 Teacher at Aldersbrook on using Podium to podcast poetry. We were both surprised at how easy it was to use this software, though they were problems and these were to do with mics not working and audio settings. I am sure when these issues are sorted out then the podcasts will be of the same quality as this one from Origada.

I have also been privileged to be involved with Dan Plane at Hatton. Dan is the ICT instructor and technician at the school. He has been keen to innovate with ICT and is keen to look at how it can make a difference to children with a range of needs. During my last visit, we talked about how and why we would create an audio Podcast with non-verbal children. Watch this (and the other blogs) for more on how we do this, in the meantime look at how James from Podium has followed the story on the Podium blog.



No comments: